Skin Shine (or SkinShine) cream contains a combination of three medicines, Mometasone, Tretinoin, and Hydroquinone, which work together to suppress pigmentation’s metabolic process and lighten the skin tone. It is a topical preparation used to treat and prevent moderate to severe cases of melasma and senile lentigines.
Table of Contents
SkinShine Cream Key Points
|Composition||Tretinoin(0.025 %W/W) + Mometasone(0.1 %W/W) + Hydroquinone(2.0 %W/W)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
|Uses||Melasma (dark pigmentation)|
What is Melasma?
Melasma is a skin condition characterized by the appearance of dark and discolored patches on the skin. It is more common in women than men and is often caused by changes in hormone levels during pregnancy and exposure to the sun. The patches typically appear on the nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead.
How does SkinShine cream work?
The combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin, and Hydroquinone in SkinShine cream works by suppressing pigmentation’s metabolic process, which can lead to the formation of scars or blemishes. This helps to lighten the skin tone or appearance, but the process is reversible.
SKinShine Cream Benefits
- It is an effective medication used to treat and prevent moderate to severe melasma and senile lentigines, which can cause dark patches on the skin.
- Skin Shine cream can help to lighten the skin tone or appearance, reducing the appearance of these patches.
- The cream contains a combination of three medicines – Mometasone, Tretinoin, and Hydroquinone – which work together to suppress the pigmentation process that leads to scars or blemishes.
- When used correctly, Skin Shine cream can help to achieve a more even skin tone.
- It is a topical preparation, which means it is easy to apply and does not require invasive procedures.
- The medication is available with a prescription from a dermatologist, ensuring that it is being used safely and correctly.
- Skin Shine cream can help to improve the overall appearance of the skin and boost self-confidence.
How to Use SkinShine cream
Time needed: 5 minutes
SkinShine cream should only be used externally and as per instructions. Follow the steps below.
- Apply only to healthy skin
Only apply the cream to healthy skin surfaces that are free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands
Before and after using the cream, wash your hands unless you are applying it to your hands.
- Rinse eyes if needed
If the cream gets into your eyes, rinse them immediately with clean water.
- Skin Shine cream is used to treat and prevent moderate to severe melasma and senile lentigines.
- It is important to use sun protection measures, such as sunscreen and protective clothing, in conjunction with Skin Shine cream.
- Do not apply the cream to broken or infected skin.
- If you experience irritation or an allergic reaction, discontinue use of the cream and consult with your doctor.
- Long-term use of Skin Shine cream can lead to Cushing’s syndrome, characterized by symptoms such as weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, a moon-shaped face, and purple patches on the skin.
- Using Skin Shine cream may also cause increased sugar levels in the blood and urine.
- Skin Shine cream does not have any anti-acne or anti-pimple effects, and should not be used to treat such skin disorders.
Precautions and Side Effects
Patients using SkinShine cream should avoid sun exposure immediately after application, as this can reverse the effects of the cream and cause repigmentation. The cream should only be used for a limited duration unless prescribed by a dermatologist, as it contains a steroid.
Some common side effects of SkinShine cream may include application site reactions, which usually fade with time. However, patients should report to their doctor if they notice persistent or worsening side effects. The cream should not be applied to open wounds or weeping areas, and patients should wash and dry the area gently before use.
SkinShine cream is an effective treatment for moderate to severe cases of melasma and senile lentigines. Patients should follow the recommended precautions and consult their dermatologist if they have any concerns about the medication’s side effects or usage.