Payment methods include Visa Card, MasterCard, Apple Pay, SAMSUNG Pay and K-NET (which is supported only in Kuwait). Please be informed that in order for your payment to go through, your Visa Card or MasterCard have to be 3-D Secure. 3-D Secure is an additional security step in which the buyer is prompted by the card issuer to enter a passcode in order for the payment to go through.
This passcode is usually a one time passcode (OTP) sent by SMS to the buyer’s cell phone. Then, the buyer should enter the OTP after entering other cards details.
Steps To Place an Order Successfully by Visa Card or MasterCard
Follow the next steps to make sure your payment goes through:
- After viewing your items on your shopping cart page, you can click “Proceed to checkout” button.
- Then, you will be redirected to checkout page.
- After filling out your shipping/billing details, click “Place order” button.
- Then, you will leave our site and enter UPayments website; the payment gateway provider.
- If you want to pay via Visa Card or MasterCard, select the second option to be redirected to the next page where you can fill out your card details such as the card holder name, card number and CCV number
- Most importantly, your Credit/Debit card has to be 3-D secure. In other words, when 3-D Secure is activated on your card, you will be able to receive an OTP after you fill out your card details for more security. You will be redirected to the authentication page where you should enter your card verification passcode or an OTP sent via SMS by your bank/card issuer to your phone. At the top left of your screen, you will find your bank logo, and at the top right of your screen, you find MasterCard or MasterCard SecureCode logo or VISA or Verified by VISA logo as shown below.
- Once you enter your OTP, your payment will be successful.
- Please note that if 3-D Secure is not activated on your card, your payment will not go through.
The Reasons Why We Suggest You Use 3-D Secure
3-D Secure (3DS) is an authenticated checkout flow for extra fraud protection. When paying, 3DS requires customers to complete an additional verification step with the card issuer. Specifically, after filling out your card details, you will be redirected to an authentication page on your card issuer’s or bank’s website and then, enter a passcode associated with your card or an OTP sent via SMS to your phone. 3-D Secure has to be activated on your card to be able to receive OTP and complete this verification step. If 3-D Secure is not activated on your card, your payment will fail on our website.
You should have 3-D Secure on your card so that whenever you pay online, you would have to enter your passcode or an OTP to approve the payment. In this case, you will protect your card from any fraudulent activities. In addition, if your card is lost, no body would be able to use the card because of the 3-D verification step in which the passcode or OTP will be required.
How Do You Know If your Card is 3-D Secure
The best and easier way is to contact your card issuer or bank to ask. If your card is Visa Card or MasterCard, then your card issuer should be able to activate it at once. As said earlier, 3-D Secure is an additional security level that will protect your card from fraudulent acts and if lost, no body can use.
Moreover, you can have a live chat with us by clicking the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.