Can men use skin rejuvenating set? The short answer is yes. Any rejuvenating set that can be used by women, is suitable to be used by men. For the long answer, we need to understand firstly, the key differences between men and women skin and secondly, how skin rejuvenating set works.
Table of Contents
First, key differences between men and women skin
The hormone testosterone determines the masculine characteristics of male skin and gives it a different structure to female skin. While every man’s skin is unique, in general, male skin, on both the face and the body, is thicker, oilier and ages differently.
- Male skin is, on average, approximately 20% thicker than female skin. It contains more collagen and has a tighter, firmer appearance.
- The collagen content of male skin reduces at a constant rate. Female skin is affected later in life, especially after the menopause. Female skin then thins more dramatically and the effects are more pronounced than in male skin.
- Men have more active sebaceous glands, and therefore more pores, than women. Both their sebaceous glands and their pores are larger than those of women.
- Sebum production is double that of women, so male skin is oilier and shinier than female skin. As a result its pH is lower than that of female skin and is prone to impurities and acne.
- Adult males are less prone to dry skin than adult females.
- Signs of ageing appear later in male skin, but changes occur more quickly once they start.
- Men are most affected by sagging skin combined with puffy eyes and dark circles that make them look tired.
- Men get wrinkles too, though they are often less of a concern than for women. Male wrinkles occur later than female wrinkles but, when they do appear, they are fully grooved.
Regular shaving makes male skin more stressed than female skin
- On average, men who shave subject their skin to 16,000 shaves in a lifetime.
- Skin becomes more sensitive and reacts faster.
- Daily shaving stresses the skin and can cause irritation. It removes the uppermost layer of skin cells, exposing immature skin that is particularly sensitive to external influences.
- Up to 40% of men have shaving-related skin problems. Younger and fair skinned men are particularly prone.
- A blunt razor and/or insufficient lubrication while shaving can lead to nicks and cuts, razor burn and razor bumps.
Second, what is rejuvenating set?
As the name implies, rejuvenating set rejuvenates or renews the skin by assisting or accelerating its exfoliation process. Also, all rejuvenating sets have peeling properties. That’s why almost all of which have anti- acne and whitening benefits.
A rejuvenating set comprises of rejuvenating soap, rejuvenating toner, sunblock cream with SPF, and night cream with peeling properties. Actually, rejuvenating sets generally feature four products, which represent the four pillars of a modern basic skin care routine: cleanser, tone, protect/moisturize, moisturize/treat. The active ingredients that make rejuvenating sets effective are a combination of either one or more of the following: AHA, BHA, Hydroquinone, and Tretinoin.
In conclusion, men want their skin to look and feel healthy. Just like women, they deal with issues such as skin sensitivity, acne and ageing, but skin skin varies according to gender. Male skin has a different composition to female skin. Also, with regular shaving, it is often treated differently too. Because of this, using rejuvenating set for men can be useful. However, knowing that men skin is thicker and oiler, the results of rejuvenating set for men can be less effective. Not to mention that regular shaving makes men skin more stressed. Thus, in some cases, men may have more side effects of using rejuvenating set than women.
Have more inquiries, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below.