All makeup junkies have been guilty of this at one time or another: neglecting to clean their makeup brushes. Possibly every girl at the age of 16 and above have their own set of makeup brushes. You only need to go online, and you will find every tutorial you’ll ever need on how to use every kind of makeup brush there is. You can even find one on how to clean your makeup brushes, but it is something that even beauty editors admit to putting off all the time.
Makeup brushes are the best supporting cast in every makeup kit. “I can’t emphasize enough that the right tools are as important in getting the look you want as the actual makeup itself,” says makeup artist Bobbi Brown. With these words of wisdom from an industry veteran, give your brushes a bit more TLC.
(Photo : Laura Chouette / Unsplash)
When was the last time your brushes had a good wash? Here are easy ways to clean makeup brushes:
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop of your cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Re-form the brush head back into its original shape.
- Let the brush dry with its bristles hanging off the edge of a counter, which allows it to dry in the correct shape. Never let your brushes dry on a towel — the bristles can turn mildewy.
Read also: Don’t Hide Behind Make-up!
Every person who has a makeup brush should definitely clean it up regularly. As makeup brush is an important cast in your makeup tools.